Madawaska Valley Association for Community Living is looking for employees who want to share in our mission: "Working together to improve the quality of life for people with intellectual disabilities".
Direct Support Supervisors (DSS) and Direct Support Professionals (DSP) work directly with and on behalf of people who have a developmental disability, assisting them to articulate and achieve their personal outcomes. He or she will support people with personal growth, assist them to participate in the community, and help them to enhance their quality of life.
Our environment is unionized and our wages are competitive.
- Advocating for others
- Collaboration – Works to build team spirit
- Creative Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and considers options to solve a problem or issue
- Developing Others
- Holding people accountable
- Leading Others
- Fostering Independence in Others – Fully empowers others
- Initiative – Thinks and plans ahead
- Interpersonal Relations and Respect – Understands deep underlying issues/needs and adjusts behaviours accordingly
- Resilience – Delivers results with a high level of consistency over a long period of time
- Proven ability to remain calm and supportive in pressure/crisis situations
- DSW diploma or equivalent post-secondary diploma (minimum requirement for DSS)
- Minimum – Grade 12 diploma ( DSP)
- Recent and relevant experience in a direct support human service role
- Valid G class license & access to own vehicle
- Emergency First Aid Level C /CPR certification
- Current CPI certification (training will be provided)
- Criminal Reference Check/Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Proficiency in written & verbal communication
MVACL is committed to providing accommodations [for people with disabilities]. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Send resume and cover letter stating which position you are interested in to:
Madawaska Valley Association for Community Living
Attention: Human Resource Department
19491 Opeongo Line, Box 1178
Barry's Bay, ON K0J 1B0
When we are hiring we will review all resumes and contact appropriate applicants for interviews. It is strongly recommended that applicants prepare for interviews. We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Resumes will be kept on file for a period of 6 months.
Need help preparing your resume or preparing for your interview?
Rural Outreach Employment Services has offices in Barry's Bay, Eganville and Pembroke. Phone 756-8079 for more information.