Community Participation Supports
MVACL offers community participation supports for adults who have a developmental disability that include:
- Activities such as personal development, basic life skills training, social and recreational activities, volunteering and other activities that lead to community participation.
- Developing skills in utilizing community infrastructure such as transportation services, shopping, libraries and recreational opportunities.
- Promoting activities of community inclusion for individuals transitioning from the educational system.
- Structured learning and education to meet an individual's goals in the areas of functional independence and community participation.
- Development of Person-Directed Planning (PDP) services and supports to assist persons with developmental disabilities in identifying their life vision and goals, and finding and using services and supports to meet their identified goals with the help of their families or significant others of their choice.
Contact us at email@example.com